Electrical Engineer, PE - Prairie Village, KS
- - Prairie Village, KS
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Electrical Engineer, PE
Location: Prairie Village, KS
FLSA: Exempt Position
Roles and Responsibilities:
Proactive Electrical Engineer that can work in collaboration with a dynamic project team from initial project development through project completion. This individual must have excellent organizational, technical, communication and documentation skills, and be capable of regularly communicating with clients at a high level.
As Electrical Engineer, responsibilities include leadership in all aspects of electrical engineering including equipment selection and specifications, system design, layout, calculations and field visits. Additional responsibilities shall include leadership of the project team, client relationship development and maintenance, proposal preparation and fee determination, , and quality control oversight to promote the growth and success of both the regional Kansas City office and the entire firm. As a critical part of our team, candidates shall be prepared to manage, engineer, and design projects which include electrical systems for both new installations and system upgrades, retrofits, and complete replacement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license (State of Kansas license is preferred)
- Minimum of seven years' experience in facility design and construction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and willing to think outside of the box
- Experience communicating with clients, partners, and key stakeholders at a high level
- Solid understanding of facility construction; experience partnering with owners, architects, engineers in other disciplines, contractors, and utility company representatives
- Strong working knowledge of the National Electric Code and other industry codes and standards
- Prior experience with government, healthcare or higher education and research clients strongly preferred
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media