Plumbing Engineer II - Plumbing - St. Louis, MO
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Founded in 1953, Ross & Baruzzini has been consistently ranked as one of the premier consulting engineering companies in the world, most recently ranked among the Top 500 design and construction firms in Engineering News-Record and in Building Design & Construction's Top 40 engineering companies in the United States. Global organizations have retained Ross & Baruzzini, along with divisions Macro, DVS, Mitchell Planning, and CAGE to meet the challenges facing critical industries including Government and Public Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education + Research, Transit and Rail Transportation, Highways, Bridges and Tunnels, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Airports, Public Safety Agencies and Mission Critical facilities. Ross & Baruzzini employs a comprehensive staff of 300+ engineers, architects, consultants, IT/communications specialists, security consultants, medical equipment planners, intelligent transportation engineers, construction administrators and support personnel.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our people.
Job Title: Plumbing Engineer II
Reports to: Plumbing Practice Leader
Location: St. Louis, MO
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited program.
- Obtains active Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- CPD – Certified Plumbing Designer preferred.
- 4-8 years' experience in facility design and construction.
- Mainly responsible for designing accurate discipline specific drawings from the Senior Engineer/Senior Designers' design.
- Ability to design and prepare drawings and specifications for medium to large projects with limited guidance.
Advanced knowledge of Plumbing equipment and systems:
- Domestic/lab water and waste/vent, specialty lab/medical gas and vacuum, natural gas, storm water, soft water, kitchen water/waste, and hot water/recirculation systems and equipment.
Select and design complete plumbing systems:
- Load calculations equipment selection, piping design, LEED Project review and documentation.
- Design, specify, and produce Plumbing drawings, design criteria, and specifications.
Conceptual knowledge of Fire Protection equipment and systems:
- Fire protection sprinkler piping and equipment for wet, dry, preaction, chemical, and clean agent systems.
Select and design complete fire protection systems:
- Load analysis, hazard classification, code review, equipment selection, piping design, LEED Project review and documentation.
- Design, specify, and produce Fire Protection sprinkler drawings, design criteria, and specifications.
- Coordinate and understand Fire Alarm interaction with sprinkler systems.
- Generate plans and coordinate with other trades.
- Prepare and author complete project specifications.
- Prepare and review shop drawing submittals from contractors using AutoCAD/Revit/Navisworks.
- Inspect, review, and prepare site inspection reports.
- Interact with building owners, property management, architects, and members of design and construction team.
- Develop and maintain CAD/BIM standards and details.
- Assist with training and mentoring of Level I and Technician team members.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) checks of Level I projects.
- Attend and support technical societies.
- Define system requirements and basis-for-design requirements for design-build work.
- Ensure designs meet all applicable codes and safety standards.
- Provide construction cost opinion.
- Field observation and reporting the progress of work.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media