Electrical Designer II - Government Market
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Electrical Designer II
Location: St. Louis, MO
Mainly responsible for designing accurate discipline specific drawings from the engineer/senior designers' design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings
- Site Surveys
- Work Across Disciplines
- Code review
- Equipment selection
- Generate plans and coordinate with other trades
- Prepare and author complete project specifications
- Prepare and review shop drawing submittals from contractors
- Inspect, review, and prepare site inspection reports.
- Interact with building owners, property management, architects, and members of design and construction team.
- Attend and support technical societies.
- Define system requirements and basis-for-design requirements for design-build work.
- Ensure designs meet all applicable codes and safety standards.
- Provide construction cost opinions
- Develop and maintain CAD/BIM standards and details
- Assist with training and mentoring of Level I and Technician team members
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) checks of Level I projects.
- Associates Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering; Architectural Program must include Electrical Design
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in experience in facility design and construction
Position Success Factors:
- Highly motivated person to take on challenges and challenges oneself to exceed expectations, and continue to absorb information to progress their career
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office programs, Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with model coordination. Navisworks experience plus.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Advanced understanding of construction detailing and techniques.
- Willingness to be given instruction with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibilities on multiple, complex projects.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.