Project Engineer - DVS - Hamden, CT
- - Hamden, CT
- Full Time
Founded in 1953, Ross & Baruzzini has been consistently ranked as one of the premier consulting engineering companies in the world, most recently ranked among the Top 500 design and construction firms in Engineering News-Record and in Building Design & Construction's Top 40 engineering companies in the United States. Global organizations have retained Ross & Baruzzini, along with divisions Macro, DVS, Mitchell Planning, and CAGE to meet the challenges facing critical industries including Government and Public Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education + Research, Transit and Rail Transportation, Highways, Bridges and Tunnels, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Airports, Public Safety Agencies and Mission Critical facilities. Ross & Baruzzini employs a comprehensive staff of 300+ engineers, architects, consultants, IT/communications specialists, security consultants, medical equipment planners, intelligent transportation engineers, construction administrators and support personnel.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our people.
Since 1964, DVS has provided security consulting, design, and engineering services for high rise buildings, entertainment venues, museums, schools, data centers, and major financial institutions. Our projects include the World Trade Center, Madison Square Garden, the New York Stock Exchange, SkyRise Miami, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Sandy Hook Elementary School. Our mission is to ensure these facilities operate safely and securely, by developing security programs and designing systems that are intended to keep threats from becoming a reality. Those threats often include any combination of terrorism, crime, theft, and natural disasters. Our system designs include cutting edge technologies ranging from access control systems and self-analytical video surveillance platforms, to advanced alarm monitoring technologies and command and control centers. We work with world-renowned architectural and design teams to incorporate these systems into the very fabric of the facilities; from building layout and structural hardening to fire protection, communications systems, lighting, and more. Our designs seek to find balance between providing the right amount of security while minimizing impacts to our clients' missions or operations.
Title: Project Engineer
FLSA: Exempt Position
Location: Hamden, CT
Our project engineers are responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to our projects. Working with our project management team, engineers are responsible for assisting in the design of electronic security systems, development of contract documents, and assisting in the construction administration phase of the project. The latter phase will involve construction site visits and field support, submittal reviews, testing, and commissioning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project engineers are required to work alongside project managers to perform the following:
- Interpret security program requirements information from project managers. Working with our design department, translate that information into security systems technical design drawings.
- Conduct field surveys of existing systems.
- Develop of security systems specifications suitable for bid.
- Prepare coordination documentation for trades that interface with security, including electrical, mechanical, IT, etc. Attend design team coordination meetings as necessary throughout project design.
- Assist in reviewing contractor bids for conformance to contract documentation.
- Respond to contractor requests for information and reviewing construction submittals.
- Perform field inspection, testing, and commissioning of security systems during construction.
Abilities / Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in the design or installation of electronic security systems
- Understanding of construction documentation
- Understanding of computer networks and telecommunications systems
- Good documentation and technical writing skills
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Exposure to Computer-aided Design software platforms (AutoCAD, Revit) considered strongly beneficial
- Able to travel New York City and other North American locations
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science extremely beneficial, though strong technical experience in the security industry may be considered to meet this requirement
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media