Director - Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) - Remote / St. Louis, MO
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Founded in 1953, Ross & Baruzzini has been consistently ranked as one of the premier consulting engineering companies in the world, most recently ranked among the Top 500 design and construction firms in Engineering News-Record and in Building Design & Construction's Top 40 engineering companies in the United States. Global organizations have retained Ross & Baruzzini, along with divisions Macro, DVS, Mitchell Planning, and CAGE to meet the challenges facing critical industries including Government and Public Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education + Research, Transit and Rail Transportation, Highways, Bridges and Tunnels, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Airports, Public Safety Agencies and Mission Critical facilities. Ross & Baruzzini employs a comprehensive staff of 300+ engineers, architects, consultants, IT/communications specialists, security consultants, medical equipment planners, intelligent transportation engineers, construction administrators and support personnel.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our people.
Title: Director of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Reports to: Senior VP & COO
Market: ITS Market
FLSA: Exempt Position
SUMMARY: The ITS Market Leader is the head of the ITS group to set the direction and manage the Market and its success. This role is also responsible for the growth and development of ITS staff while also growing the practice by interfacing with key clients.
GOALS: Build upon the organization's reputation and success to grow and expand their services with an annual revenue growth plan goal of 10%. Take the organization to a higher level of recognition in the transportation industry to grow brand awareness. Put in place an organization to meet tomorrow's technology needs. In addition to, goals will include: fulfilling yearly and quarterly goals, growing the practice strategically, pursuing and understanding market opportunities to advance R&B's presence, and preparing annual budgets and resource plans.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Duties and responsibilities the Market Leader will be required to perform:
- Provide strategic vision, direction and leadership on decision making issues affecting the ITS market; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances and project acquisitions.
- Provide strategic vision, direction and leadership on decision making issues related to the expansion of ITS technical services.
- Possess existing relationships with both domestic and international clients leading to new growth and revenues.
- Develop and drive new relationships with Clients and Partners to promote awareness of company and its services deriving new growth for ITS.
- Direct and oversee organization's financial and budgetary performance.
- Negotiate and/or approve contracts and agreements.
- Supervise, support and give direction to technical managers.
- Determine long term staffing and management requirements.
- Identify places to improve performance, policies, organization, and training and hiring programs.
- Participate in industry committees and conferences to promote company and develop contacts at a high level.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Business Development
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Performance Management.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Financial Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Detailed knowledge of systems and technologies used for Intelligent Transportation Systems/ Smart Cities, such as point and probe detection, weigh in motion, dynamic messaging, lane control, CCTV, variable speed limits, and red light/speed cameras.
• Detailed knowledge of traffic operations.
• General knowledge of infrastructure design including pathways, media and distribution facilities such as fiber optic systems and copper distribution infrastructure, and telecommunication room fit-out.
• General knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures for the development of schematic, detailed design and construction documents.
• General knowledge of the consulting engineering profession, including building client relationships and business development.
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in any US state or international licensing body. Ability to obtain PE licensure in FL, MO, and IN. NCEES record preferred.
Strongly preferred registrations/certifications:
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
Additional registrations/certifications taken into consideration:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Other Industry Certifications
• Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field from ABET accredited university with an emphasis on Traffic Operations, Transportation Engineering and ITS. Additional education taken into consideration:
• Practical industry experience from relevant manufacturers or system integrators
• Continuing Education (CE) or Professional Development Hours (PDH) in field(s) of expertise
Professional Experience Requirements:
Minimum fifteen (15) years of project management and business development experience in one or more of the following preferred fields:
• Federal Highway Administration Planning
• Department of Transportation Design Management
• ITS/Traffic Consulting and Engineering Services
Additional direct Design experience in one or more of the following fields taken into consideration:
• Construction Management/Administration
• Master Planning
• Smart City Planning and Engineering
Software Proficiency Requirements:
Required proficiency in all of the following:
• MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2016
• MS Project or Primavera scheduling software
• Job responsibilities require mastery of the English language and technical/contractual terminology to support preparation of documents.
• Proficiency in additional languages (in particular Spanish, Arabic, and/or Mandarin) is considered a bonus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
• This is a full-time, salaried position.
• Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Weekly, international projects travel or tele/videoconferences may fall outside normal working hours.
• Normal work hours may be shifted within reason to accommodate personal schedules with approval from the Market Leader.
• This position may work in one of R&B's offices or work at home. Working at home requires;
o Dedicated home office used for online meetings with international clients
o Video conference capability (internet speeds of 1Mb up/10Mb down)
• Due to the professional nature of the position, it is expected that the employee will monitor work-related correspondence (i.e. email) and answer work-related calls during weekday evening hours and during weekends to accommodate project emergencies as well as clients and project team members operating in different regions of the world.
• This position requires the candidate to be a US citizen, a Canadian Citizen, or US Green Card holder (permanent resident).
• This position requires both domestic and international travel. The candidate must have a valid passport or be able to obtain a passport within six (6) weeks of hiring.
• This position requires the candidate to be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) with no disqualifying offenses or felonies and to be able to pass a DHS TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA).
• This position may require security background checks by the US government or other nationalities in order to perform specific project assignments.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, and photocopiers.
• From time to time, visits to job sites will be required where OSHA standards regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be followed.
• This job requires the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media