Senior Mechanical Engineer, PE - Healthcare / Higher Education Markets
- - Indianapolis, IN
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Market: Healthcare / Higher Education
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Roles and Responsibilities:
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, responsibilities include all aspects of mechanical design and consulting. The candidate must be self-motivated to design, engineer and/or manage HVAC and mechanical systems for projects including new installations, system retrofits, system replacement, and system upgrades. Engineering work requires oversite and/or implementation of the following: energy and load calculations, flow and pressure calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design and layout, field investigation, and construction administration. Consulting responsibilities including participation in due diligence, energy studies, forensics, and feasibility reports.
The candidate will regularly interface with clients and attend meetings and presentations, and should possess strong communication skills. This position includes an opportunity for the candidate to manage an engineering team, including mentorship and supervision of employees. The candidate should anticipate working on a diverse range of project types, primarily with the Healthcare and Higher Education markets, in addition to supporting work in our other core markets which include Aviation, Utilities infrastructure, Government and Transit.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Registered Professional Engineer.
• 10+ years significant project experience with an emphasis on Healthcare, Higher Education, Commercial, or similar projects.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in several of our mechanical focus areas: central chilled water & boiler plants, large air handling systems, data centers and critical facilities, energy modeling and cost benefit analysis, steam and hydronic distribution systems, commissioning, building energy management systems, industry codes, standards and guidelines.
• Active participation in industry societies or peer groups such as ASHRAE, USGBC, and AEE preferred.
• Candidates with LEED AP specialty, CEM, BEMP, or similar industry credentials preferred.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.