Network Engineer - IT - St. Louis, MO
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Job Title: Network Engineer
Reports to: Director of Information Technologies
Location: St. Louis, MO
Founded in 1953, Ross & Baruzzini has been consistently ranked as one of the premier consulting engineering companies in the world, most recently ranked among the Top 500 design and construction firms in Engineering News-Record and in Building Design & Construction's Top 40 engineering companies in the United States. Global organizations have retained Ross & Baruzzini, along with divisions Macro, DVS, Mitchell Planning, and CAGE to meet the challenges facing critical industries including Government and Public Infrastructure, Healthcare, Higher Education + Research, Transit and Rail Transportation, Highways, Bridges and Tunnels, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Airports, Public Safety Agencies and Mission Critical facilities. Ross & Baruzzini employs a comprehensive staff of 300+ engineers, architects, consultants, IT/communications specialists, security consultants, medical equipment planners, intelligent transportation engineers, construction administrators and support personnel.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our people.
Plans, designs, and evaluates new and existing computer network systems and services, including local area networks, wide area networks, intranets, and the Internet, providing analytical, technical, and administrative support.
Plans, oversees, develops, and implements network policies and procedures and ensures network integrity as maintenance and modification projects to existing applications are undertaken.
- Experience with virtual environments like VMware and/or HyperV is a plus
- Ability to manage high priority projects in an fast paced environment
- Secondary technologies: Networking (layer 2/3),Network Virtualization (NSX) , Enterprise Backup technology, RSA Technologies, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to work flexible hours to address system upgrades or problem resolution
- Troubleshoots network issues.
- Installs and upgrades network equipment and software.
- Creates and maintains documentation relating to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Establishes and documents network technical support processes and procedures.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
- Establishes voice and network standards regarding new technologies and applications.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Helps support daily IT troubleshooting activates
- Responsible for configuration and troubleshooting of network infrastructure and services, including layer 2 & 3 switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, IPS and VPN devices.
- Proficient in managing and troubleshooting a secured Windows environment (Active Directory)
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media