Senior Electronics / IT Systems Engineer - International Aviation - St. Louis, MO, Miami, FL, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Senior Electronics/IT Systems Engineer
Market: International Aviation
FLSA: Exempt Position
Location: St. Louis, MO, Miami, FL, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN
Reporting to the Market Leader or designated Principal Consultant, this engineering position is responsible for developing and designing extra-low voltage, electronic, and information technology systems related to communications infrastructure, telecommunications, automation and control, audio visual, cellular, radio and wireless, and other electronics and technology systems (including assessment reports, master plans, concept of operations, functional / system requirements, engineering calculations, system specifications, design drawings, construction detail exhibits, cost estimates, and commissioning / testing plans) in a timely and cost effective manner that meet client, contractual, and company requirements.
Daily responsibilities will include the following:
- Specific responsibilities will be on a project to project basis, but duties will include performing fieldwork to document existing conditions; preparation of existing conditions reports and drawings; performing design tasks and calculations; performing code related life safety and regulations analysis; preparing design drawings, system specifications and construction cost estimates; coordination with other disciplines; and providing assistance during construction administration.
- Perform design work, under Principal level supervision, related to all electronic and IT Systems by following standard engineering practices and procedures within established guidelines.
- Perform complex designs, plans, calculations, and surveys as requested.
- Be responsible for assigning and checking assignments for engineering designers and/or technicians, depending upon specific project needs and the candidate's previous experience.
- Be generally available for project related travel, either domestically or internationally.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner.
- Remain up to date on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in industry by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Detailed knowledge of various IT systems and technologies which may include some or all of the following:
- Wireless / Radio Systems
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Audio-Visual Systems
- Public Address
- Fire Alarm System (preferred)
- Data Networks (Data Center, and Campus wide)
- Real Time Locating System / Asset Management
- Parking Management System
- Specialty Market Systems (Healthcare, Aviation, other)
- IT systems (virtualization, storage area network, databases, cyber security)
- Security Systems (Access Control, Visual Surveillance, other) (preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of infrastructure design including pathways, media and distribution facilities such as fiber optic systems and copper distribution infrastructure, and telecommunication room fit-out.
- General knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems including calculation of loads, determination of Uninterruptible Power Supplies sizing and run times, and heat loading associated with security and communication equipment.
- General knowledge of the principles, methods, and procedures for developing performance based system specifications as per standard formats (CSI Master Format, AIA MasterSpec)
- General knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures for the development of schematic, detailed design and construction documents.
- General knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures for the review of construction shop drawings, material submittals, inspection, testing and commissioning of electronic and IT systems.
- General knowledge of the consulting and construction engineering profession.
Strongly preferred registrations/certifications:
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Cisco or equivalent network certification (Preferred)
- Microsoft or equivalent IT systems certification (preferred)
- Audio visual or equivalent systems certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Other related Manufacturer Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from ABET accredited university
Additional education taken into consideration:
- Practical industry experience from relevant manufacturers or system integrators
- Continuing Education (CE) or Professional Development Hours (PDH) in field(s) of expertise
Professional Experience Requirements:
Minimum ten (10), preferred fifteen (15), years of direct Design experience in one or more of the following preferred fields:
- Higher Education
Additional direct Design experience in one or more of the following fields taken into consideration:
- Rail/Transit/Surface Transportation
- Government or Institutional
- Commercial or Industrial
Additional overall experience taken into consideration:
- Project Management
- Construction Management/Administration
- Code Inspection
Software Proficiency Requirements:
Required proficiency in all of the following:
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio) latest
- AutoCAD and Revit MEP; proficiency in both preferred
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media