Business Development Manager - MACRO - Chalfont, PA
- - Chalfont, PA
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini, along with Macro, a division of Ross & Baruzzini, offers full service consulting services to rail and bus clients who want a totally integrated consulting and design solution. Together, Ross & Baruzzini and Macro provide professional systems engineering, architectural, consulting, and construction administration services to clients in a variety of industries. By consistently employing structured system engineering processes, modern project management techniques and real-world, hands-on experience, Ross & Baruzzini delivers the value-added knowledge resource clients seek.
Macro, a division of Ross & Baruzzini, a widely recognized provider of independent consulting services for more than 40 years, brings unmatched experience in bus and rail transit command and control systems, control center, and transit facilities design. Founded in 1968, Macro's long list of satisfied clients among transit, utility, and public safety agencies is a testament to the quality of its services. Macro staffs projects with highly experienced consultants who are recognized experts in control center systems, supporting enterprise systems, communications infrastructure, business process re-engineering, and control room facility design. Macro specialists assist throughout the system-engineering processes to gather and analyze the client's needs and to formulate concrete recommendations for the design and implementation of the desired facilities and systems.
Ross & Baruzzini offers a competitive pay and benefits package and have been voted a Best Place to Work for 2016 and 2017 by our people.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Vice President / Managing Principal
Location: Chalfont, PA
Macro, a division within Ross & Baruzzini, is looking for a Business Development Manager for its North America operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in selling professional services in the systems design segment of the rail/transit/communications industry. He or she is expected to build strong relationships with clients; work with our teams located across the United States, spot new opportunities for revenue, and become the spearhead for growth at Macro. This position will also be required to work with R&B Business Development teams and ensure a corporate wide view of growth.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that Macro has a robust pipeline of activity and backlog.
- Achieve targets for each business unit of the company.
- Generate qualified leads with targeted accounts.
- Prospect for new potential clients and turn this into increased business.
- Research accounts, identify key players and decision makers and garner interest in companies' products and services.
- Engage with customers regularly to understand their business needs and ensure satisfaction.
- Monitor client activities to create recommendations and identify and/or develop new opportunities.
- Consult clients on best practices and new opportunities for Macro.
- Share client feedback and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams in the development of appropriate product and services.
- Work with the R&B Business Development team to increase cross divisional awareness and opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years of business development experience in a B2B environment.
- Minimum 10 years in the rail and bus transportation markets. Exposure to the public safety market a plus.
- Proven experience in bus and rail transit control center and operations support systems
- Proven experience with wired and wireless communication systems.
- Proven record of accomplishment of selling professional services in the systems design and consulting industry.
- Proven record of improving market penetration, sales growth and new client acquisition in a consulting services environment.
- Proven experience with government purchasing processes and proposal requirements relative to bidding projects.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in business, marketing, engineering, or demonstrated equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Existing extensive contact across the industry
- Capable of networking with clients specially, senior management and decision-makers.
- Ability to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Should be a People person. Have a knack for making business connections and establishing relationships.
- Self-starter with a positive energy and dedicated work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of CRM tools and databases.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media