Systems Engineer - N. America Aviation - St. Louis, MO, Miami, FL, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN
- - Multiple locations
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO, Miami, FL, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN
Market: N. America Aviation
Reports to: Market Leader or designated Principal Consultant
This position is responsible for developing and designing IT/Security systems and related Structured Cabling Network (SCN) infrastructure (including assessment reports, master plans, concept of operations, functional / system requirements, engineering calculations, system specifications, design drawings, construction detail exhibits, cost estimates, and commissioning / testing plans) in a timely and cost effective manner that meet client, contractual, and company requirements.
- Specific responsibilities will be on a project to project basis, but duties will include performing fieldwork to document existing conditions; preparation of existing conditions reports and drawings; performing design tasks and calculations; performing code related life safety and regulations analysis; preparing design drawings, system specifications and construction cost estimates; coordination with other disciplines; and providing assistance during construction administration.
- Perform design work, under senior level supervision, related to IT/Security Systems and associated SCN infrastructure by following standard engineering practices and procedures within established guidelines.
- Assist senior staff with more complex designs, plans, calculations, and surveys as requested.
- Be responsible for assigning and checking assignments for engineering designers and/or technicians, depending upon specific project needs and the candidate's previous experience.
- Be generally available for project related travel, either domestically or internationally.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner.
- Remain up to date on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in industry by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Detailed knowledge of various IT systems and technologies which may include some or all of the following:
- Wireless / Radio Systems (preferred)
- Telecommunications Infrastructure (preferred)
- Audio-Visual Systems (preferred)
- Public Address
- Data Networks
- Real Time Locating System / Asset Management
- Parking Management System
- Specialty Market Systems (Healthcare, Aviation, other)
- Security Systems (Access Control, Visual Surveillance, other)
- Detailed knowledge of infrastructure design including pathways, media and distribution facilities such as fiber optic systems and copper distribution infrastructure, and telecommunication room fit-out.
- General knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems including calculation of loads, determination of Uninterruptible Power Supplies sizing and run times, and heat loading associated with security and communication equipment.
- General knowledge of the principles, methods, and procedures for developing performance based system specifications as per standard formats (CSI Master Format, AIA MasterSpec)
- General knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures for the development of schematic, detailed design and construction documents.
- General knowledge of the consulting engineering profession.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) preferred
- Engineer in Training (candidate has successfully passed the Fundamentals in Engineering exam)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Other related Manufacturer Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering or related field from ABET accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of direct design experience in one or more of the following preferred fields:
- Higher Education
Required proficiency in all of the following:
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2010/2013+
- AutoCAD (2012+) or Revit MEP (2012+); proficiency in both preferred
- Adobe Acrobat (Version 10.0+) or Bluebeam Revit (Version 12+)
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media