Airport Planner - CAGE
- - Irving, Texas
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Airport Planner
Location: Irving Texas
Reports to: Director level
Mainly responsible for assisting in the layout of discipline specific drawings and designs for baggage handling systems. Prepare drawings in AutoCAD and Revit for the following tasks:
- Demonstrate industry-specific experience and knowledge pertaining to aircraft gate parking
- Working knowledge of common aviation simulator tools
- Ground support equipment layout
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of common FAA Advisory Circulars pertaining to airport planning, bagga handling and airport capital improvement planning
5+ years' experience in airport planning
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related accredited degree program field. Revit knowledge a plus, not a requirement.
- Preparing planning exhibits using AutoCAD, Revit and other programs
- Assessing aircraft gate positions using Aviplan
- Preparing airport layout plans and baggage handling systems
- General data gathering, research, analysis and exhibit development
- Technical report writing
- Survey experience a plus
Position Success Factors:
- Highly motivated person to take on challenges and challenges oneself to exceed expectations, and continue to absorb information to progress their career
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task
Experience with Microsoft Office programs and Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience with model coordination
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Basic understanding of construction detailing and techniques
- Willingness to be given instruction with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and manage responsibilities on multiple projects
R&B Success Factors:
CLIENT CENTERED – Highly dedicated to our clients by developing and maintaining client relationships by going the extra mile to ensure quality and satisfaction.
TEAMWORK - Fun-loving, genuinely cares and supports others; willing to hold each accountable, across markets, for the betterment of the company. Works well with and through others to achieve a common goal.
COMMITMENT- Willing to work hard, persistent and unwavering in the face of adversity.
PROBLEM SOLVING- Rise to every challenge and finish what he/ she starts no matter how difficult; brings order to chaos.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE - Technically competent in performing tasks and projects and able to manage technical tasks at level in line with expectations of position description.
OWNERSHIP- Takes accountability and ownership of assigned projects and tasks and does not pass blame onto others.
POSITIVE ATTITUDE - Shows high degree of engagement, interest and effort in carrying out all job functions.
COMPOSURE – Works well under pressure and does not appear frustrated when managing stressful situation and rather is steady, on task.
COMMUNICATION- Conveys and obtains information clearly and accurately, able to express and present material effectively in both spoken and written communications.
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.