Chief Marketing Officer
- - St. Louis, MO
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini provides consulting and design expertise for diverse industries including government, transportation, healthcare, higher education, utilities and mission-critical facilities. Our market groups are populated by talented engineers, design technicians, commissioning agents, and construction management professionals. We serve a range of agency and institutional clients that own and operate their own facilities and require long-term, high-performance solutions that are cost effective, energy efficient, and easy to maintain. Our engineers design and plan the systems that enable buildings to perform, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, audio-visual, security, telecommunications, IT, and more. By ensuring that these systems are fully integrated with each other and with the building structure, we help people, equipment, and processes operate with maximum efficiency and value.
Title: Marketing Director
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Marketing Director will be responsible for developing marketing strategies, programs and systems to support company business plans and organizational objectives. This position will partner with Market and Division Leaders to create effective communications and materials to acquire new clients and grow existing clients in order to drive top line growth. A background in Marketing and experience in multi divisional company mandatory. Preferred experience in the Engineering, Architecture, or Construction industry is considered a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop brand expansion strategies.
- Primary responsibility is to assist in generating revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
- To include support of the sales organization, new business development, and customer service.
- Ensures the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives.
Marketing Strategy Development:
- Develop annual marketing plan in support of individual Market and Division strategy and objectives as well as overall firm strategy and objectives.
- Manage marketing staff to meet excellent execution of proposals and promotional materials using the most current tools and processes.
- Direct implementation and execution of marketing policies and practices.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Business Development Directors and Market/Division Leaders
- Review and develop value proposition and ROI for programs and services. Develop solution for value propositions training and development.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Develop strategies to help Market and Division leaders capture qualified new clients and teaming partners.
- Collaborate with Market and Division leaders to develop win strategies for proposals and interviews.
- Provide leadership throughout acquisition process.
- Lead corporate branding program, to include branding for our divisions.
- Create Public Relations messaging program that conveys the Ross & Baruzzini brands across all markets.
- Lead and drive Social Media strategy.
- Lead and manage internet site content management to enhance our position.
- Develop advertising programs that supports our message for each market.
- Seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as mobile platforms, video and social media.
- Create and drive strategy for appropriate industry and trade association conferences.
- Lead and drive messaging and how this is communicated.
- Ensure we have the correct stakeholders attending conferences and support active participation on some key committees.
- Lead and drive post-conference follow-up.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or related degree
- Successful track record in developing and driving marketing strategy
- 10+ years of industry or industry related sales and or marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be both analytical and creative
- Plan, direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance to organizational goals.
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.