Senior Security Engineer - North America Aviation
- - Multiple locations
- Full Time
Ross & Baruzzini (http://www.rossbar.com) is a premier global consulting and engineering firm continually ranked among the top 200 engineering companies in the United States and member of an international design and consulting firm rated among the 10 largest design firms in the world. The company provides advanced engineering, technology and security solutions in the transportation, healthcare, government, higher education and mission-critical markets. For more than 40 years, Ross & Baruzzini has delivered advanced engineering solutions in the field of airport information technology, security, and electronic systems. Our deep knowledge of low-voltage systems and information systems is supported by our superb facility construction experience, equipping us to skillfully connect airport islands of systems and helping our clients excel in their mission. From asset management to radar and perimeter intrusion, our experts develop solutions that align with our clients' business, operations, technology and funding requirements, all while keeping the ultimate passenger experience at a world-class level. Ross & Baruzzini brings a reputation for innovation and a progressive approach, delivering forward-thinking solutions to meet the creative vision of our clients while providing an unmatched passenger experience.
Ross & Baruzzini is a 2018 Top ENR 500 Design & Construction Firm (#278), ENR Midwest Top 100 Design Firm (88) and a Zweig White Hot Firm for the last 4 years running. Ross & Baruzzini continually seeks enthusiastic, highly motivated and skilled professionals who are interested in helping us solve unique challenges.
Title: Senior Security Engineer
Market: North America Aviation
Location: St. Louis (MO), Indianapolis (IN), Miami (FL), Dallas (TX)
FLSA: Exempt – Full Time
Travel: This position requires both domestic and international travel.
Oversee and/or self-perform design work related to Security Systems and associated infrastructure Information and associated communications Systems by following standard engineering practices and procedures within established guidelines. Work will include more complex consultations, designs, plans, calculations, and surveys as required. Able to take a project from conceptual design to completion for small to mid-sized projects with limited supervision and has frequent collaboration with client. Assume a primary role in project design within specialized discipline, coordination, oversight, and client contact activities. Provide coordination and oversight for all project disciplines with regard to schedule, information needs, technical standards, design criteria, quality control and engineering budget.
- Develop and/or review of technical specifications, reports, whitepapers, and presentations as they relate to project tasks, business development, and professional development.
- Assign and check assignments for engineering designers and/or technicians, depending upon specific project needs and the candidate's previous experience.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner.
- Review project documents to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Perform specific engineering studies and calculations related to security systems
- Attend or participate in client or stakeholder presentations or perform field/site related activities
- Remain abreast on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in industry by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Informal task supervision of CAD Operators, Designers, and Engineers I & IIs at the direction of the Market Leader or Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering from ABET accredited university; or similar 4 year Degree / Education
- Overall ten (10) years of consulting engineering experience, with minimum five (5) years of direct Design experience in one or more of the following preferred fields: Aviation, Rail/Transit/Surface Transportation, Higher Education, Hospitality/Entertainment
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP)
Additional registrations/certifications taken into consideration:
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Other ASIS Certifications
- BICSI Certifications
- Security or related Technology Manufacturer Certifications
- This position requires the candidate to be a US citizen, a Canadian Citizen, or US Green Card holder (permanent resident).
- The candidate must have a valid passport or be able to obtain a passport within six (6) months of hiring.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) with no disqualifying offenses or felonies and to be able to pass a DHS TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA).
- This position may require security background checks by the US government or other nationalities in order to perform specific project assignments.
- This position requires general proficiency in current versions of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), AutoCAD or Revit MEP Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam Revu
- Job responsibilities require mastery of the English language and technical/contractual terminology to support preparation of documents.
- This position may accommodate remote working conditions based on individual project and department needs.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.