Senior AV Consultant - EDI, Ltd.
- - Multiple locations
- Full Time
EDI, Ltd. is a leading technology consulting and design firm supporting projects nationwide. We Explore, Design, and Implement technology solutions for the healthcare, corporate, education, and government markets. We provide project advisory services, technology system design, IT/data center specific services, and technology program management.
EDI was recently acquired by Ross & Baruzzini, a premier international consulting and engineering firm continually ranked among the top companies in the nation. For more than 40 years, Ross & Baruzzini has delivered advanced engineering solutions in the fields of healthcare technology design, utilities infrastructure, and electronic systems. Together, EDI and Ross & Baruzzini offer fully integrated and innovative solutions for our clients and projects around the globe.
Title: Senior AV Consultant
Market: EDI, Ltd., A Division of Ross & Baruzzini
Location: Atlanta, GA or Denver, CO
The Senior AV Consultant role requires 10-15 years of technology consulting and engineering experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in an AEC environment with at least 3 years of hands on, direct client facing project management experience in our primary market sectors.
The primary job responsibility objective is to assist project managers and principals with the consulting, design and construction management of audio-visual systems, with additional support in data/voice/video cabling system infrastructures, physical security systems, and relocation services projects. This includes designing audio-visual systems, writing specifications, and developing budgets for individual projects. The secondary role is to perform project design solutions and documentation using Revit and AutoCAD.
A key aspect of this role includes participation in sales and marketing efforts including: ongoing client engagement and management, proposal preparation, shortlist interviews, and attendance at trade shows/conferences. Other important aspects of this role include participation in firm wide planning effort, goal setting and mentoring of younger consultants.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year, accredited university in engineering, computer science, or other technical area is required.
- Master's Degree in either business or technical area considered a plus. CTS-D certification is strongly preferred for this position. If not a CTS-D, you will be expected to pursue and obtain the CTS-D certification within six months of hire date with EDI. Other industry certifications that are relevant and valuable include: PE, PMP, CPP, RCDD, CISSP, CWNA, PSP, etc.
You must believe in the use of technology tools to increase productivity, improve collaboration and deliver superior customer value. In addition to strong personal computer skills including proficiency in MS Windows 10 or higher operating environment, a high level of proficiency and expertise in the following productivity tools is required and expected:
- MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, OneNote, MS Project, etc.
- Box.com including Box Edit, Box Sync, etc.
- Deltek Vision software including CRM and Project Planning module
This position may be based in our Atlanta or Denver office and will require some out of town travel. This includes both project related travel and other travel such as industry conferences, sales calls and interviews, etc. This travel is typically during the week and 1-3 days in duration. Expect a couple trips per month on average. Travel is normally domestic however occasional international travel may be required.
Critical Success Factors:
The following personal characteristics and work style preferences are necessary for success in this role:
- Commitment to EDI's "Count on Us" values and code of conduct
- Commitment to quality and exceeding customer expectations
- Self-motivated and take responsibility for results, and committed to life-long learning
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and comfortable in "short-list" interview situations
- Must work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, highly dynamic work environment
Required Technical Skills and Expertise:
The Senior AV Consultant must have a high-level knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems and should also have a working knowledge of the following technology systems in a building design and construction environment:
- Structured cabling systems infrastructure
- LAN/WAN/Wireless LAN/DAS
- Telephone system (VoIP and wireless)
- Physical Security Systems
- Nurse call and system integration
- RTLS (patient/staff/equipment tracking)
- TV systems and services
- Other Misc Technology Systems
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
Customer Relationship Management
- Initiate relationship with clients and serve as primary point of contact, setting and managing expectations
- Define channels of communication and provide frequent updates; keep customer and other project stakeholders apprised of progress and any necessary modifications or delays
- Approach client with a consultative frame of mind, listen and provide valuable information
- Lead project meetings and routinely seek customer feedback, respond to and resolve issues as they arise
- Lead the customer through the programming/visioning phase
- Develop programmatic reports, sketches and budgets to communicate recommendations to clients in a manufacturer-neutral, iterative fashion
- Develop project budget; track and manage the project budget for duration of project
Design, Procurement, and Implementation Phases
- Meet with users to develop requirements by system, by department, by room, etc. and document requirements
- Communicate the requirements to the internal design team and coordinate with the external design team
- Be responsible for the development of the detailed design documents including drawings and specifications for systems and supporting infrastructure
- Review construction documents for quality, coordination
- Develop any necessary RFP's for equipment or services necessary to complete the project
- Answer bid period questions and issue clarifying addenda
- Review proposals and tabulate in an easy to understand format to assist the customer in selection
- Oversee construction phases and conduct periodic site visits to ensure contractors adhere to design intent, specifications, quality and objectives
- Answer RFI's and resolve coordination and construction issues
- Developing project leads and referrals through personal networking and participation in industry organizations
- Strategic management of existing client relationships
- Participation in proposal preparation and "short list" interviews
- Participation in company sales and marketing meetings and other planning efforts
- Seek out "value-added" opportunities to promote EDI's other consulting services to current clients
- Writing and placing articles in industry publications, EDI newsletter, blogs, etc.
- Speaking and participation in industry associations and conferences
- Attend professional developmental seminars and conferences to stay abreast of industry changes and advances
- Coach, mentor and provide general education and guidance for other EDI staff in support of EDI's mission
- Participate and contribute to EDI in strategic planning, developing, and meeting company goal
This description reflects the core activities of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
R&B is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media